'Barbarism is the natural state of mankind,' the borderer said, still staring somberly at the Cimmerian. 'Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.'

-Robert E. Howard
Beyond The Black River

Corrupt Cliffs

Corrupt Cliffs
Get your FREE Narrative Terrain Deck today!

Monday, June 11, 2018

June 11, 1936

Not much to say today, but that date, or at least the result of that date has been on my mind all day.

So instead of my words I give you the words of the man on my thoughts today.

"He was a man," said Conan. "I drink to his shade, and to the shade of the dog, who knew no fear." He quaffed part of the wine, then emptied the rest upon the floor, with a curious heathen gesture, and smashed the goblet. "The heads of ten Picts shall pay for his, and seven heads for the dog, who was a better warrior than many a man."

-Robert E Howard, Beyond the Black River.
January 22, 1906 - June 11, 1936

No comments:

Post a Comment