'Barbarism is the natural state of mankind,' the borderer said, still staring somberly at the Cimmerian. 'Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.'

-Robert E. Howard
Beyond The Black River

Corrupt Cliffs

Corrupt Cliffs
Get your FREE Narrative Terrain Deck today!

Friday, January 22, 2016

Cave Troll - WIP - Finished

In testing the new airbrush primer(71.097), which after use I note is actually gunship grey from the Vallejo Air Colors lines, I ended up painting my Troll model a pretty dark grey, much darker than I had anticipated.



A quick look online and I came across this note on Vallejo's website:



7.5. Is your Model Air color 71.097 the same product as the new primers?
No, this is simply a grey color, created years ago in the Model Air Line. We are changing the name to Base Grey precisely in order to avoid misunderstanding.



So buyer beware when ordering online eh?



I decided to roll with it as I had been considering a cave troll anyhow.




In the above image the troll has been painted with 71.097 and then given a black wash, followed by re-highlighting with the 71.097 grey.

Still coming back into this 28mm hobby, but so far I am pretty happy with how this guy is coming out.






updated post with completed troll.







No comments:

Post a Comment